UniteLabs brings automation solutions to life science research facilities shaping the future of health, food, energy and science. We are looking for a consulting software engineer who is eager to work directly with our customers in Pharma R&D to drive the most impactful results as they navigate through a massive digital transformation.
At UniteLabs we aim for simplicity over complexity. We like to review code, not only to maintain quality but also because we believe this is a key tool for communication. We strive to always understand why we take any decision, not just because a trend says so, or because it is the easiest approach, but rather look at the long term consequences.
What a Software Consultant at UniteLabs does:
- Interface deeply with customers at the cutting edge of pharma research informatics to understand their software systems and deliver the best possible solutions
- Close and continuous collaboration with the product team to exchange market knowledge and ideas to support development of new and existing products
- Hands-on software development work in the full software life cycle (concept, design, test, release, support)
- Work with engineers and product managers to plan, prioritize and execute launching new features and integrations rapidly
What you can expect:
- Work in an international and enthusiastic team with diverse expertise, dedication, and lots of fun
- An attractive startup atmosphere with flat hierarchies
- A high level of autonomy, responsibility, and ownership in your role from day one
- Learn from others, and be a coach to your colleagues, irrespective of your experience
- Flexibility with holidays and remote work
- Our offices are located in Basel, Switzerland
Talent we’re looking for:
If you tick these boxes, you’re the right person
- Computer science degree or equivalent education
- Professional experience in developing software applications
- Strong teamwork skills - able to work with cross-functional teams, and collaborate closely with customers
- Mastery of at least one of the following languages: Java, C# or Typescript
- Used to work with version control, code review, CI and agile methodologies
- Strong communication skills - able to explain complex concepts to technical and non-technical team members at different levels of abstraction
- Organised working style and a desire to work collaboratively in an interdisciplinary teams
Additional experience that would come in handy
- Web development experience with a framework such as Angular or React
- Project management skills
- User Experience (UX) design
- Basic knowledge and interest in biosciences
This position requires A) an employer-independent residence permit in Switzerland or B) citizenship in EU, Switzerland, UK or Norway for regulatory reasons.
It’s possible to fill the position remotely, however, you also need to be able to commute to the office locations in Basel when necessary and feasible.
We are not interested in agencies/freelancers/external support for these roles but look for talented individuals that want to work for us in a permanent employment setting.